Forum »
It came from Linksville!

Moik

Starman Super
I'm getting Eastlink DSL this weekend. Is their DNS good, or is it one of the flaky ones?
Hyper-advanced aliens might not have to send their interstellar battle fleet to conquer Earth, it might only take three bored undergraduate aliens with borrowed lab equipment.

subpop

Starman Super
Eastlink's DNS is just fine, haven't really had much of an issue with it.
You! Invaders! Get You the Hot Bullets of Shotgun to Die!

sevex

Starman DX
It's not that other DNS servers are bad, it's that Google's are faster.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

subpop

Starman Super
Actually, they're not. Try using namebench to test public DNS servers (takes about 20 minutes to run and test to completion).

To test the Eastlink server, you'll have to it assigned as your current DNS so it can test it. Since it's not a public DNS, it won't be able to locate it.

Eastlink: 24.222.0.94 / 24.222.0.95

Here are my results, clearly showing that Eastlink provides the fastest DNS servers.

Moik

Starman Super
Google DNS was 1.8% (2ms) faster than Rogers.
Surprisingly, Rogers was 20% (23ms) faster than OpenDNS.

When I look at the response chart graph, the Rogers DNS leads for 80% of pings, and then Google was faster to respond in the slower 20%. Rogers is, like 50-220ms where Google is 70-200ms.

What was the Min/Max on Eastlink? I see Rogers had the worst Max among DNSes which didn't fail on my list (1400ms, or 1.4sec).
Hyper-advanced aliens might not have to send their interstellar battle fleet to conquer Earth, it might only take three bored undergraduate aliens with borrowed lab equipment.

sevex

Starman DX
Guess it's more for people that roam on a wifi connection.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

sevex

Starman DX
I'm getting more and more tempted to buy one of Zac Gorman's prints.

subpop

Starman Super
Awesome, you totally should.

ioev

Starman DX
Agreed, that's an awesome poster. I may have to buy one myself.

Foxor

Starman Jr.
Normal guy, normal walk.
New Zelda, New GoldenEye, New Kirby, New Metroid, New Kid Icarus, New 3D shit, no glasses, Santa Claus is real, he's in our booth, and he's giving out free fucking handjobs. Nintendo bitches! We out. - Reggie Fils-Aime, E3 2010.