Forum »
Legend of Zelda: Collector's Game Disc

Roland

Starman Jr.
that is an interesting banner ad...
Gimme a fucking smoke hair-doo - Bubbles

milocat51

Starman Super
That's an interesting looking game, Mike...
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Moik

Starman Super
New round starts the 27th.

I advise not being Quelaar unless you're in a sarcastic/ironic mood.

I'm going to be Tamaran again. They're a cross between an RPG's Merchant class and a Cleric, and they have a racial equipment that is never useless and always manditory (Free warp drive, even on your escape pods! No other pods have warp drives). They have -25% to sheilds and armor, but the amount of money the can make sees to it that they can afford 25% more shield upgrades.

I've won a number of 1v1 battles against people who claimed Tamarans are useless in fights. Even when my ship was 40 levels below theirs.

Classic paraphrased quote:

"Moik, how can you hit me when I have 100% chance to dodge?"

I'm just special I guess. *cough targetting computers cough*

What's funny is that the bloodiest non-War scuffle of the round involved only Tamarans as other players fought over the domain to kill me while I was raiding a port.

I was raiding a port (common theory dictates that tamarans cannot raid ports, I have 30 notches on my ports raided belt)
The port let out a Mayday call.
A Tamaran responds to it, not out of altruism for the port, but because he wants a notch on his kills (me being the notch).
I survive the first volley and get away.
I lead him on a wild goose chase and resume siegeing the port a little later.
Another tamaran shows up and starts shooting at me.
The first tamaran shows up and starts shooting at him.
Another tamaran shows up and they all start shooting at each other.
I breach the port's defenses then leave.
They kill everyone inside the port.

According to game mythology, Tamarans are peaceful diplomats and traders.
Hyper-advanced aliens might not have to send their interstellar battle fleet to conquer Earth, it might only take three bored undergraduate aliens with borrowed lab equipment.

milocat51

Starman Super
Jesus christ, I didn't understand a thing you just said.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Moik

Starman Super
Admins press "New Game" button December 27th. Everyone at level 0, 0 credits. Easy to get in and not be kiled by someone who has been playing for 6 months and is level 70 in a level 280 ship.

Quelaar += teh sux as a player race.

Tamaran player race += $$$ and Repairing.
Tamaran player race != fighting class.
Moik == Tamaran + Fighting

Moik Raid Port.
BH_II Raid Moik.
See Moik Run.
See Moik Hide.
See Moik Raid.
Elrik Raid Moik.
BH_II Raid Elrik.
AtM Raid Both.
Big Tamaran Battle.
Moik Break Port.
See Inhabitants Die.
Killed By Tamarans.
Tamarans Are Peaceful.
Hyper-advanced aliens might not have to send their interstellar battle fleet to conquer Earth, it might only take three bored undergraduate aliens with borrowed lab equipment.

milocat51

Starman Super
I am intrigued and slightly aroused.

So I gather venturing into this brave new world right now would be a death wish? I think I'll defer to your infinite wisdom, oh Moikest of Moiks.

sevex

Starman DX
I got to watch Mike play this game a lot while he was home. It looks super involving and really well designed. I'd try playing it, but I just don't have the ambition to learn all the stuff involved in playing successfully :P
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

manam

Starman Jr.
what game are you talking about?
FFXI Status: BLM 75, NIN 75, BRD 75, BST 67, PLD 56, RDM 55, NPC 65.
Wow Status: Quit, man that game sucked hardcore lol.

Roland

Starman Jr.
one that we'll never understand.....i seen him play it once....and he tried to explain it to me.....i didnt absorb
Gimme a fucking smoke hair-doo - Bubbles

Moik

Starman Super
If you joined right now, life expectancy would be vaguely ten minutes at prime time, two hours at off-prime. Like, per 'spawn'.

The average hunter is pilot level 60. Versus a level one pilot they have +118% to hit, and the level 1 has -118% to hit. For each level closer adjust those percents by two. So at level 10, it's +100 for the level 60, and -100 for you.

The average hunting ship, apparently, is level 280 (destroyers and battleships, can do 1,500 damage per volley and absorb 5,000). Your starting ship can do 15 damage, and take 150.

But, today me and my alliance took four level 210 warships (rangers, 2,500 damage, 2,500 absorb each) and reduced the amount of level 280 warships some.

I burned up nearly 2,000 turns chasing them around. We tossed some campsites in Nexus System and Cryptos Nebula to say the least, even though we didn't get many kills. We forced a number of people to retreat.