Forum »
It came from Linksville!

Moik

Starman Super
*FFXIV
Hyper-advanced aliens might not have to send their interstellar battle fleet to conquer Earth, it might only take three bored undergraduate aliens with borrowed lab equipment.

Foxor

Starman Jr.
Goldeneye Source is finaly done.
New Zelda, New GoldenEye, New Kirby, New Metroid, New Kid Icarus, New 3D shit, no glasses, Santa Claus is real, he's in our booth, and he's giving out free fucking handjobs. Nintendo bitches! We out. - Reggie Fils-Aime, E3 2010.

subpop

Starman Super
Humble Bundle #2

Name your price to receive all 5 indie titles.
You! Invaders! Get You the Hot Bullets of Shotgun to Die!

sevex

Starman DX
I'm guessing this is a remake of Final Fantasy Legend 3?

It looks pretty cool, but I doubt we'll get to play it in English.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

sevex

Starman DX
And Secret of Mana for iPhone? (Is it an Apple standard for on-screen control icons to have the most atrocious looking design possible?)
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

ELYK11

Starman Jr.
Since the SaGa games were originally sold in NA as Final Fantasy Legend (since Square figured nobody in NA would want an RPG that wasn't FF at the time), chances are it is a remake of it.

And I still think that the whole "control stick/ buttons on the screen itself" thing isn't very feasible... might work ENOUGH, but, why do we want our thumbs over where the game's main action is going on? I can't remember many DS games that did that (and those that did, well, a stylus doesn't get in the way as much as a thumb.)

ioev

Starman DX
Considering Saga 2 is being fan translated, there's a good chance 3 would be as well... though it looks like we could miss out on a lot of good DS games during the DS->3DS transition. 7th Dragon probably being the biggest casualty, in my opinion.

And on those SoM screenshots: my god, what did they do to the tile engine. Nothing matches up and it looks horrible. So much bad blending and antialiasing... yuck :\

sevex

Starman DX
IGN has a pretty good list of Japanese Wii and DS games that Nintendo needs to release here. (I'm sure we could all add a few more though.)

ioev

Starman DX
My god, add 7th Dragon to that list... Many of those are already localized, and released in Europe. And I'm pretty sure Soma Bringer already has a fan translation...

Here's a list of in progress DS translations. Many have already been cancelled due to official translations.

Notables include:
ASH - Archaic Sealed Heat,
Coropata,
Kumatanchi,
The Tales games and Saga 2.

ioev

Starman DX
It's made of meat.