Forum »
Destination: Tuneside

ioev

Starman DX
It's probably because it's using the "extra" sound channels that Castlevania 3 used. It's kind of a cheat, but still uses the regular 4 nes channels as well.

sevex

Starman DX
Looking forward to some new Big Wreck! I guess this song has been on the radio for a while now.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

sevex

Starman DX
Neat idea. Earthbound tribute album composed using a soundfont made from the original soundtrack's instruments.

The fun thing is they include the soundfont, which you can apply to any midi file. Imagine hearing the Heretic or Doom music redone with Earthbound instruments (those that match, although with 176 there should be quite a few).
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

sevex

Starman DX
New Lost in the Trees album in March! NPR has a preview.

Also, a new The Shins album in March

ioev

Starman DX
Look closely...

subpop

Starman Super
Link is dead, but I'm almost positive that you're talking about At the Drive-In being back together. Saw this last night, so awesome.
You! Invaders! Get You the Hot Bullets of Shotgun to Die!

sevex

Starman DX
Atari Teenage Riot!!!

(At the Drive-In is old news.)

ioev

Starman DX
Listen to the new Vesta album (3/5 of The Juliana Theory).

sevex

Starman DX
I'll fill in a link later if I can find one, but John K. Samson's album is out today.

ioev

Starman DX
I've posted this on Facebook already, but Walk the Moon is very much worth checking out.