Forum »
My Personal War on Eastlink

milocat51

Starman Super
Actually, knowing several people who work in customer service, this is the only way they can respond to letters. You can't very well expect the president of Eastlink to personally respond to every letter, do you?

In order to make sure company responses are consistant and match with their regulations, usually all a customer service rep does is enter coded sequences. This saves time and prevents liability and misinformation. It has the unfortunate side effect of creating less personal relations, but that's unavoidable.

Ack, I just came off sounding like a sales rep.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Dark-Fear

Starman Jr.
Hey at least they responded to the issue of one of their reps insulting all the people who were on the petition beyond that it seemed really automated. Thats great how people just have somkinda crap like that.. but I feel like they politely said F@ck you!
in the area where they mentioned that 1% won't effect them much... Awww well I can be a really bad bug to squash if they make me mad enough.
I stare out into the light from the darkness, only to wonder what it is I'm missing. Fear not what can be seen in the light of day, but what lurks in the dark and can not.

Atomsk

Starman Super
You mean a Bad bug to step on... If you say squash it almost sounds like they destroyed you.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

milocat51

Starman Super
Here's a quick update. I've just received this month's statement, and not only have Eastlink failed to credit me the charges they forced upon my account, they are double charging me this month.

After talking with an admittedly nice customer service rep (who told me I had to send them a bank statement yet again and they would fix the problem, yeah right, just like they fixed it last time), I asked him at the end of the conversation who I could talk to to cancel my account. As of August 24th, my account will terminate, a few days before I move anyway, but they don't know that. Regardless of whether or not they 'fix' things, I'm telling my bank to block payment to Eastlink after this thursday. It's enough I didn't tear the poor man's head off, considering how angry I was, and still am. This fiasco is now three months old and they still have yet to fix it.

ARGH!!
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Dark-Fear

Starman Jr.
you can always sue for finacial loss you sustained... most times they will settle outta court no matter how small cause courts cases are a pain in the ass and bad publicity...
I stare out into the light from the darkness, only to wonder what it is I'm missing. Fear not what can be seen in the light of day, but what lurks in the dark and can not.

milocat51

Starman Super
You're free to mention my case in whatever you do, Tyler. I have statements from both Eastlink and my bank to support my situation, as well. I would make a much larger fuss over this if I wasn't having the thing cancelled anyway, and the amount of money I've lost so far is far too insubstantial to take them to court over. Twenty bucks, meh. Even though they're overcharging me this month, I'm not paying them next month, whether they want money or not.

Dark-Fear

Starman Jr.
Mayb the money aspect of it isnt enough to sue over... but just they should really appologise, give you a free month and make ammends for it ... thats what good business people do.. specially on a Island where one bad exp can impact your business Island wide. It isnt like NS where of one has a bad exp it dont go anywhere.

milocat51

Starman Super
You're right, of course. But it seems that good business practices are absent from Eastlink's directive. While customer support reps have repeatedly apologized for my inconvenience, that does little to compensate for the hoops I've had to jump through so far to get their screwup fixed.

Atomsk

Starman Super
Situations like these, I'm glad I haven't went over to Eastlink. I'm happy staying right where I am.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

milocat51

Starman Super
Well, due to unforseen circumstances (aka my UNB application being revoked), I'm stuck in Summerside for at least another year. This means I'm currently shopping for a highspeed internet provider, seeing as I cancelled my eastlink account.

Any recommendations people?