Forum »
Final Fantasy 11

Atomsk

Starman Super
Everyone probably already heard of this. Though I guess since their always playing the game they probably haven't. Who knows, It doesn't matter either way to me, but some of you might like to see what it takes to run it. Since I think maybe your systems just barely match the standards, maybe.

Final Fantasy XI: The Chains Of Promathia

System Requirements:
Microsoft Windows 98/98SE/Me/2000/XP; Intel PentiumIII 800Mhz or faster processor; 128 MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce series graphics processing unit with 32MB or ATI RADEON 9000 series graphics card; DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card; 6 GB free hard disk space; 4x CD-ROM drive (required only at installation); 56kbps modem or better; Keyboard, mouse; Internet connection and monthly fee required

I'm fairly certain the ATI Radeon 9000 is better then most of you have. I know its more then what Steven has, but I keep forgetting whats the exact card Kyle has.

That 6 gigs would make an even bigger dent in Kyle's harddrive then Battlefield and Desert Combat would. Not sure on Steven's harddrive space, He's probably got enough of it after that format awhile ago.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

sevex

Starman DX
Actually... even Joey knew about that months ago...

The specs they list are obviously for FFXI, whether you have the expansion or not. The expansion itself won't likely take more than a gig of drive space, and will run just fine on any of our systems.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

Atomsk

Starman Super
Haha, I figured everyone but me had probably already heard about it.

Hmmm, as for those being the specs for FFXI, I guess that would explain why it runs like it does on everyone's systems.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

milocat51

Starman Super
Yeah man, known about CoP since I got the game. It only shows an ad for it every time you play.

Right before the part you bolded it says, "NVIDIA GeForce series graphics processing unit with 32mb or...". My card is a GeForce4 MX440 with 64mb. That's not the reason the game runs slow, and I know it. As for the size, it's nothing impressive. They're undoubtedly just adding it to the existing FFXI install, which takes 5.35gigs by itself. I doubt a few new areas is going to take an additional 6gigs.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Gatsu

Starman Super
Huh, wow. It would actually run okay on my new laptop :)
-_o

milocat51

Starman Super
The minimum requirements for this game are BS. I've got an AMD Athlon XP1800+ that Win XP clocks at around 1.49ghz, 512MB of (admittedly 2 year old) RAM, and the above mentioned video card.

Before I installed the tweaks I linked earlier in this thread, I could only run the game at 800x600 resolution, texture resolution at 512x512 (looks like utter shiat) clipping distance at 1/4, onscreen sprites set to absolute minimum, shadows disabled, enviroment effects to low, non party spell effects disabled, and weather effects had to be turned off half the time. And I was lucky to get 20FPS steady, with 5 to 10FPS in towns or battles. Now I run the game with the same settings, only 1024x1024 texture resolutions, with roughly the same performance.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

sevex

Starman DX
After getting that enhancement pack I'm running at 1024x768 with 1024x1024 textures, only game effect I have disabled is the weather effects. It slows down a bit when things get really crazy, but besides that runs unbelievably well.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

milocat51

Starman Super
You also have non-shit ram.

Just wait until you try a Garrison. I had turned all my settings down as low as possible, and still ran at a steady 1 - 2 FPS.

sevex

Starman DX
I think Mike did one of those before. It worked alright, but that was when I had everything turned down.

sevex

Starman DX
mike here. is that the one where you get the mannequin feet defending the west ronfaure outpost alongside 17 allies among a dozen gawking n00bs while back-up healing a score npc patricians from a dozen orcs?

everything possible off i still went down to like 5fps.