Forum »
Final Fantasy 11

Roland

Starman Jr.
You dont need events that involve the whole Server....alot of Linkshells (clans) will camp really high level monsters (Most are so high level there above level 75 and most of its stats are unknown to all but the japanese. personally i would get alot more thrill out of killing Fafnir then a treant any day.
Gimme a fucking smoke hair-doo - Bubbles

subpop

Starman Super
Whoa... I want this game.
You! Invaders! Get You the Hot Bullets of Shotgun to Die!

Roland

Starman Jr.
thats what ive been trying to tell you people for how long now?!?
Gimme a fucking smoke hair-doo - Bubbles

Atomsk

Starman Super
Hmmm... You know, it'd be pretty good if they showed a scale on that page for what the monsters are compared to a regular sized human. That way you could get an idea of how big they are.

Although, that Fafnir does look pretty interesting to fight. I don't know, just fighting a monster like that in the woods doesn't draw the same attention.

I mean, I enjoy Large events like that Treant one mentioned. Thats what would keep me in the game, thats what would hook me into playing it, and doing all the things you and manam talk about inbetween those events.

EDIT: Wow, after looking at the pictures of the treants they had... they're surprizingly not great. They look like some spider thing with a gremlin face. They look almost stupid. I was expecting the Treants in the game to be MAASSIVE, I mean, bigger then that tiger thing you seen in the intro that was taking down those walls.

But.. now they just look... Disappointing. Not to mention they all look the exact same(the ones that have pictures). They're just maybe a tiny different shade of color, instead of a completely different model/skeleton.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

milocat51

Starman Super
Noel, why don't you just keep your mouth shut until you play the game, in case you manage to contract foot-in-mouthitis.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

ryan

Starman Jr.
Fighting the high level avatars is fun too, they look impressive. But now you can get them at level 20, so people miss out on the harder high level battles.

In about a month or so I'll be going up against Fenrir in a high level battle, he's level 80. And you can't get him in no low level battles!

As soon as I get him I'm changing my main job to summoner since I have all of the other avatars anyway. And retiring my white mage once it is level 75.
"Why is the rum gone?!".

sevex

Starman DX
Yay, I have FFXI installed on my compter now. It runs, but the textures are pretty low res. I need a new vid card :(
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

milocat51

Starman Super
Thanks to Steve, FFXI is now installed on my machine. It runs decent with high res textures, but I figure if I play with it a bit I can tweak it to run better. I just have to wait until Sunday to get my own keys.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

ioev

Starman DX
I guess I'm still waiting for World of Warcraft. Go me (either that or city of heroes)

sevex

Starman DX
I died, downleveled, and on my way to get help from another player, got killed by a damn orcish grappler with an additude and lost more exp so I gave up! ARghghghgh!
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel