Forum »
MSN non-connectivity

Atomsk

Starman Super
Some of you might have been having problems connecting to MSN lately. Thats because Microsoft released a nice handy patch that kills MSN.

I'm still finding more information about it, but this is just incase people were wondering. Chances are by now though, most of you have found out exactly whats going on.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

Moik

Starman Super
I have problems with your MOM not connecting lately...
Hyper-advanced aliens might not have to send their interstellar battle fleet to conquer Earth, it might only take three bored undergraduate aliens with borrowed lab equipment.

Atomsk

Starman Super
You know whats funny? I actually didn't expect that.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

milocat51

Starman Super
*looks at topic*

*looks at contact list*

*looks at topic again*

*scratches head*
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Dark-Fear

Starman Jr.
Heh, nice moik!

Seem to be missing a little information aren't yah Noel?

Seems we are not alone, the whole networks on the fluke at present... but Status seems to say .NET Messenger is just fine.

Some people over at NeoWin are discussing it and if you are interested check it out at Neowins's website.

My only guess is a potential denial of service on the Messenger service, as their status page as mentioned says they are fine.
I stare out into the light from the darkness, only to wonder what it is I'm missing. Fear not what can be seen in the light of day, but what lurks in the dark and can not.

Atomsk

Starman Super
Fill it in Tyler. I'm no doubt missing alot of information, and you probably have it.

ioev

Starman DX
Though my msn is down now, in the past I've found that if any time the service is down, it's because the servers are down for maintenance, which is what I'm assuming now. Do you have anything to indicate otherwise Noel? Didn't think so...

Acetate

Starman Jr.
Check this out:
http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/09/24/Consumers/msn_chat030924

milocat51

Starman Super
I just noticed my MSN is down, dunno when it happened but whatever. I've never had many problems with Messenger in the past, whatever's happening is likely just temporary.

And Acetate, that link is referring to the MSN chat rooms, unaffiliated with the Messenger service.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

milocat51

Starman Super
Oh, this is kind of off topic, but everybody should run Windows Update, even if you have it running in the background like me. There's a new critical update for IE 6.