Forum »
Take that Nokia!

milocat51

Starman Super
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Atomsk

Starman Super
Haha, its funny.. Now that they've been hacked. No doubt its going to continue. Lets hope its enough to screw over the N-Gage and completely throw them out of the market. I'd like to see that very much.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

sevex

Starman DX
You can already get all the roms, and an emulator (I think) from Suprnova. But why would anyone want them?
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

milocat51

Starman Super
Pretty much. They're either dumbed down GBA ports or dumbed down PSX ports.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Atomsk

Starman Super
Well.. the thing that pisses me off alot about it is.. They didn't even try to make it into an actual console. I mean, the games are nothing special, they can be played on their other phones, atleast some of them.

All they did was take their cell phone, and make it look like some weird little gaming device.

Just a glorified cellphone.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

sevex

Starman DX
Actually... no... those games don't come anywhere close to being able to be played on any other cell phone.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

Atomsk

Starman Super
"The cracked versions of the games can in principle be installed and played on any phone that uses the same basic operating software, Series 60, used in N-Gage. Other models include Siemens's SX1."

sevex

Starman DX
Whaaa? But they'd have completely different hardware inside wouldn't they?

Oh, "in principle." So technically, you can install them, but they won't play.

milocat51

Starman Super
This is assuming the N-Gage uses different interior hardware than an average cell phone.

sevex

Starman DX
At that price tag... I would expect so.