Forum »
Eat'Um Up, Yum Yum

Prax

Starman Jr.
Anyone for Chinese food?

Ready-to-cook canines at Edmonton restaurant

Reive says he isn't sure if the animals are dogs, wolves or coyotes. Alberta Fish and Wildlife officials are analyzing the carcasses to determine what species they are.
Casual Hex - casualhex.com | "People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." -Alan Kay

milocat51

Starman Super
I've never been big on chinese food. Then again, I don't have the same hang ups other people seem to have. If it's meat, and it tastes good, and it doesn't kill me, then who the hell cares what animal it was?
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Prax

Starman Jr.
If you order beef you should get beef. If you order chicken you should get chicken. If you want to order dog, so be it... but I don't want what I didn't order.

A local Chinese establishment was recently closed after health inspectors found skinned cats in the freezer. I don't think cat was on the menu.
Casual Hex - casualhex.com | "People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." -Alan Kay

milocat51

Starman Super
Indeed, you should know what's in your food. I would just feel betrayed, not nauseated.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

sevex

Starman DX
But what about the fact that it wasn't inspected meat? It could contain diseases they don't even know about.

But then, with the mad cow and ecoli problems we've had to deal with, despite the inspection process...
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

milocat51

Starman Super
Yeah, regular meat seems to be just as disease ridden lately. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the dog was safer.

Prax

Starman Jr.
You're kidding, right?

Just because something is discussed often in the news doesn't mean that it is common. Just how often is the meat sold in your local grocery pulled because it's disease ridden?

milocat51

Starman Super
Yes, I would be kidding. Something you'll learn about me, I'm a fairly laid back fellow.

Chaotic-Realms

Starman Super
I dont think its as comman as everyone thinks to have cat/dog/horse/walrus/whatever meat in chinese food for one reason.

If you were a cook would you take a ten minute walk to the store to buy a pound of beef or run around all night with a big net chasing cats and dogs? Its not like they would buy them from a pet store because a puppy definatly dosn't have enough meat on it! :)
Well there is only two things to do in a black-out, Get Drunk.......(thinks)......... 1 Thing to do! ~ Skwisgaar Skwigelf - DethKlock

milocat51

Starman Super
The only reason this stuff happens is because the people who open these restaurants cooked this way in their home country. It's not some disgusting thing for them like it is for us.