Forum »
Tourist Season

Atomsk

Starman Super
Thats true.... Maybe the Island should do the thing that Joey was talking about at BK. Put all the prices up in tourist season, and then anyone with a picture ID saying they're from PEI gets what the original price is. That way everyone wins :D.

Sorta like a discount card thing for being an Islander.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

milocat51

Starman Super
That's discouraging to tourists, if not downright offensive. Not that I'd mind it.

But from a business standpoint, there'd be absolutely no reason to do that. If you want a burger, and its marked up, you'll probably buy it. You may not be happy about it, but you'll likely still do it. It's not going to break your budget. And if marking up the price makes you so unhappy that you don't buy it, there's about a dozen tourists behind you that are going to anyway.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

sevex

Starman DX
So long as veggie burgers stay the same price, I'm happy :)
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

Atomsk

Starman Super
I dunno.. those veggie burgers are kinda weird tasting... probably just cause I don't eat that much vegetables.

Seems just like its veggies cooked in burger fat.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

milocat51

Starman Super
"Seems just like its veggies cooked in burger fat."

So what do you think french fries are?
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Atomsk

Starman Super
Well.. They use a different fat don't they? And your not exactly eating French fries between two buns saying "Mmmm.. What a good Fry Burger." are you?

sevex

Starman DX
Well, odds are the Veggie Burger will have some burger grease on it... but I think that's what gives it the advantage over their rivals' Veggie burgers.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

milocat51

Starman Super
Up until recently, McDonalds used animal fat in their fryers. I think due to some controversy they've been forced to switch to vegetable oil.

And no matter what, anything prepared on a grill that once had burgers on it is gonna have the grease. Even extremely diligent cleaning won't remove all trace elements, and fast food workers aren't usually the most diligent of people, something I can safely say having once been one.

Atomsk

Starman Super
But don't they pre-cook the burgers before they send them to the fast-food joints?

sevex

Starman DX
Nope, they come raw and frozen. Proper cooking technique is the responsibility of the restaurant.