Forum »
My Virtual Charlottetown beef.

sevex

Starman DX
Joey made a system kinda like that for the Government site. It was a catalogue of books in island schools or something. It didn't have the reserve book capabilities though.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

ioev

Starman DX
Why do all the sites look the same? Very strange. And why do some of the files have .zap and some have .php. Well well, yeah, this thing sucks, my search was so much better, sorta, though it definitely could be improved. In mine you could make a custom book list, and it would tally up the prices for you. And you could browse by categories. Check it out :P

http://www.library.pe.ca/selection/

sevex

Starman DX
Either your system is messed, or the person maintaining it is a moron. There are screwed up dates, book names with backslashes at the end, and other weirdness...
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

ioev

Starman DX
Haha, that's because i imported the original database from a variety of .wpd, .txt and .html files, the backslashes were there when I imported. I suppose I could've created a system to find all the records like that and change them, but I didn't feel like it, since it was all still "in progress" when I left. The weird entries are probably stuff they did, because there's a backend where they can submit books, and do whatever and whatnot to them.