Forum »
MSN Bullshit Messenger

milocat51

Starman Super
So, was anybody else stupid enough to accept that MSN Messenger update? I've been unable to sign in for more than five seconds since. Hate the new design anyway. Can't find an older version that doesn't force an update. I think it's time to find an alternative...

Back to Trillian it is. Ugh.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

sevex

Starman DX
Get Pidgin instead. I use it at work and it's gloriously simple.

I might switch to it at home if I'm forced to update. The new MSN is stupid in Windows 7. (Honestly, it's about time MSN did tabbed chats like Pidgin, especially with how Windows 7 prefers you only have one window open for any application.)
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

milocat51

Starman Super
Pidgin is nice. Only one complaint so far; NO FIXEDSYS FONT. Blasphemy.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

sevex

Starman DX
Weeird... maybe that's a Windows only font.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

ryan

Starman Jr.
I didn't upgrade mine, but it is obsessed with getting me to. Every 10 seconds is a popup reminder to Get it now!
"Why is the rum gone?!".

sevex

Starman DX
Mine hasn't started yet. I'm hoping it won't cause I'm using Windows 7...

Atomsk

Starman Super
I don't have a problem with the update. What I get harassed about ever fucking waking moment is Windows Live Device Manager that I should download.

I can manage my own devices, a keyboard, and my god damn mouse.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

sevex

Starman DX
I have no idea what that even is...

Atomsk

Starman Super
I'll take a screenshot next time it comes up.

EDIT: Alright here it is. Though, funny how I say I'll take a screenshot of it, and then it doesn't come up for hours.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

ryan

Starman Jr.
Fuck, I reinstalled windows and now I have to get the newest version, I never upgraded to it and was happy with that decision. But now I'm forced! ;[
"Why is the rum gone?!".