Forum »
Tonights Top Story: Boktai 3. Best GBA game ever?

Atomsk

Starman Super
Well, I believe Joey might have said it originally, but Localization is a Bad thing. It's generally where they take a game and make it more suited to the culture it's introduced to. While Translation is just changing over the language, which is probably what you want.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

ioev

Starman DX
Well, Tales of Phantasia on the GBA was a bastardization to begin with. Terrible palette, VERY slow battles... you'd be better to play the SNES version, or better yet wait for the fan PSX translation to finish (best version).

Fire Emblem on the GBA (the first one) is definitely a title I'd love to see released here. Since the story takes place after the 2nd one (the 8th?) then it would even make sense to have delayed releasing it. And since Fire Emblem now has such a US following...

A few others I'd love to see "translated" would be the first Dragon Quest Slime game, Tomato Adventure (cool game by the guys responsible for Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga), and Oriental Blue (classic looking RPG by Hudson).

ELYK11

Starman Jr.
They actually localized the other Fire Emblems... not just translated. So why should they just translate and not localize? If they did it for the other 3,and they were fine...
Also,the first GBA Fire Emblem (6, Sword of Seals) takes place after the 2nd GBA Fire Emblem (7, Blazing Sword). 8 is Sacred Stones, which is an entirely different story btw. You sounded like Fire Emblem 6 came after Sacred Stones in terms of story.
Also, let us not forget the Mother 1+2 compilation on GBA.

ioev

Starman DX
Fire Emblem 1-5 were never localized though (or 6, the first GBA one) I'm pretty sure Sacred Stones is actually a remake of 2 or 3, but in 6 you play as Roy and Marth, Eliwood and the other main characters of 7 are grown up. So what I was saying is that it would still make sense time wise to release the 6th one.

And yes, we can definitely not forget about Mother 1+2.

ELYK11

Starman Jr.
Eh,I know the Fire Emblem games and, 2 was similar in terms of a map you move on,but it is its own game. 8 is all new story/continent. And the first part of 3 is actually a complete remake of 1, (the 2nd part I think was just added to keep things goin,but I have yet to get that far).
And although several characters of 6 are from 7, most(or a least a good sized portion) characters in it are actually the offspring of characters from 7.
So, throw in a cliffhanger ending in 7, and yeah, Fire Emblem 6 deserves a localization/translation.
P.S. I have ROMs of all FE up to 6, roughly translated enough to play. I have a hard time getting into it, so I'm not terribly far into them. But I've played enough to know some stuff. And, Marth is only in Fire Emblem 1 and 3, Roy in 6... Marth isn't in 6.