Forum »
I need console controllers

Roland

Starman Jr.
Well.....im fairly new to the whole emulator thing, and i find it incredibley hard to play using a keyboard. I need controllers. Burke told me the only way to get them is to make them and well....i couldnt do that, i'd just blow myself up. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. And if i do have to buy them...i'm looking for something local. I have no credit card or paypal account so no e-bay or on-line purchasing.
Gimme a fucking smoke hair-doo - Bubbles

milocat51

Starman Super
Well you can buy adapters, but unfortunately you won't find that kind of thing around here. Online is really your only bet for that sort of thing.

But, there are alternatives. Gravis gamepads are very similar to console pads, and are usually pretty cheap. I'm currently using a cheap USB gamepad I picked up called The Thrustmaster (chuckle).

One thing to keep in mind, avoid gamepads with analog inputs. Many emulators don't behave well with these. Ideally, get something digital, or failing that at least a very very firm analog stick. And, uh, best of luck.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

sevex

Starman DX
See if Amelia still has Joey's Playstation to USB adapter, then you can use a Playstation controller.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

milocat51

Starman Super
RADIOSHACK IN WATERFRONT MALL HAS GAMECUBE TO PC AND PS2 TO PC USB CONVERTERS IN STOCK NOW.

I just bought the cube converters and it works. Everything works, right down to the analog on the triggers. I haven't tested it with emulators, but it's performing flawlessly in the properties panel.

People, there were only two of each converter. I bought one of the cube ones, so that leaves one GC and two PS2. I'm not saying you should fight to the death for these, but you should fight to the death for them.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

sevex

Starman DX
I'm going downtown in a little bit... I'll definitely get it if it's still there. How much was it by the way?
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

Roland

Starman Jr.
Thanks for the info guys....and i'm going to assume that those "controllers" will work for nes, snes, gb, gba, etc....emulators. If someone tries and they dont work...please let me know so i dont waste my money.....the little that i have.

milocat51

Starman Super
The GC converters are now sold out, hehe, but the ones we bought work perfectly with all emulators and games. I'd expect the same from the PS2 ones as well.

Roland

Starman Jr.
Hey steve...i asked amilia that and she said she dosent know where it is. "I probably left it at my old place....along with numerous other items" was what she said. Soooooo......looks like im outta luck.....god this keyboard usage is gonna give me cramped fingers....and wrists...not that i dont have that already....
P.S.: Have u ever seen the real "Hey Steve"??? Heres a link....
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail72

Roland

Starman Jr.
DOH!!!!
I obviousally dont know how to link.

Roland

Starman Jr.
and....add ".html" to the end of that so called "link"
God im computer illiterate.