Forum »
Hey Joey

sevex

Starman DX
In case I forget. It looks like someone's band just got a LOT of publicity from Penny-Arcade.

"Sort of off topic for the site, but I saw a band called The Polyphonic Spree on Monday that I think people might enjoy. It is essentially cotton candy you can listen to - sample lyric, "Hey, it's the sun! And it makes me shine!" It goes on like that for about five-and-a-half minutes, but honestly you don't mind because you are starting to feel like everything is going to be alright. The band is more than twenty people, I don't know how many exactly, but a lot. Grab a song like the one I mentioned, entitled It's The Sun, or my personal favorite Soldier Girl - it's on iTunes if you're trying that out, it's on Buymusic.com, and you may be quite sure it is on your filesharing service of choice. I don't know if I would sit and listen to a whole album straight through, but as a playlist additive it comes highly recommended. The album, recorded in three days, is a perfectly satisfactory production but I listen to it mainly to remember what they were like live - aurally enormous. We were lucky enough to have a Sign Language interpreter at our show - I don't know if you've ever seen someone speak it, it looks like karate, like someone could get hurt. "
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel