Forum »
Packaging!

sevex

Starman DX
What the heck is up with companies these days. I buy their stuff, and the idiotic packaging totally ruins it. Just got the RahXephon box, it had an anti-theft sticker attached to the bottom of the inside. Obviously I'm gonna remove it, tearing the bottom of the box. Oh nice job, it's a real collectors item now. Then I got the 2nd and 5th dvds, both of which are a different case size from the 1st.

I've also bought evangelion dvds that had warped plastic on the dvd cases, the books in some of the RahXephon are kinda warped from moisture or something? How the heck does that crap get in there. The book for FLCL vol 1 was too big, and doesn't fit properly, it's all weird shaped now. It looks like they fixed it for subsequent publishings.

My Animal Crossing game, the book had a big dent in the front, when I first opened it!!! And then, all the dvds in all of my series' are of different shapes and sizes from the rest. It's the same publisher!!! Why can't they be consistent!? I mean, they're in a box, they should at least line up, geez.

Oh, and what's with anime companies putting 5 episodes on the first disc, 4 on the next few, and then finishing up the series 3 per disc. Milking us for all we're worth. Glad to see the consumers get so much appreciation.

Oh yeah, and then there are those security stickers on the top of the dvd case, that sometimes leave a sticky residue that never comes off. Like on my UHF and Dragon Half dvds. Oh, and the free small fries sticker on the front of the shrek dvd, that when removed, totally annihilates the case.

Geez, I could go on forever.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

milocat51

Starman Super
Deep breaths dude.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

sevex

Starman DX
Oh yeah, Jeff at Comic Hunter got a set of those mechwarrior figures for that game you were looking for. It's fifty bucks, but it's a massive board game style box full of who knows what. I told him I'd let you know it was in.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

ioev

Starman DX
I have to agree though. Consumers are just being shelled out the worst produced crap, because they know you're paying for the content. My theory is, I can get the content for free, make me want to buy the packaging. Everyone should take a note from Working Designs these days. Now THEY make packaging (not to mention great products)

milocat51

Starman Super
Ah thnx Steve. Although from the sounds of it, I hope he got the right thing. Sounds like this thing, which would be cool.

Just on aside, you guys planning on going down there anytime in the future? Lemme know eh?
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

sevex

Starman DX
Yep, that's it, although the picture on that site is completely wrong.