Forum »
Spikes BANNED!!!

Chaotic-Realms

Starman Super
Ok everyone has seen in the new how the police are confiscating spiked bracelets. I noticed a couple of things...

1st - They state spikes have always been illegal in Canada. that is not quite true. A spike measuring over 2 inches, or a diameter over 1/4 of an inch were illegal. if the spike was under 2 inches and 1/4 an inch in diameter it was LEGAL! Also all spikes must either be flatten or rounded.

2nd - They are stating that a spike is anything that resembles a spike or a blade. They are confiscating bracelets with pyramid spots!!! For those that don’t know spots are the flat metal on bracelets. The two most common are pyramid or hemisphere. they appear on everything from dog collars at the dollarramma to leather jackets. Pyramid spots do not fall under the law they are use to say spikes are illegal but they are confiscating them anyways. BTW this means that our very own Sevex is carrying a dangerous weapon (according to the police) because he wears a bracelet with pyramid spots.

I understand that they don’t want these bracelets used as weapons but the fact is, They are a piece of jewelry. they are not designed as weapon. So since they could be used as a weapon the police state that is why they are banned. Well anything can be used weapon so according to this logic everything should be illegal, except maybe couch cushion foam.
Well there is only two things to do in a black-out, Get Drunk.......(thinks)......... 1 Thing to do! ~ Skwisgaar Skwigelf - DethKlock

milocat51

Starman Super
Yeah, while on the one hand I can partially understand the fear in having people wearing big, pointy jewellery, the fact of the matter is you're no more dangerous equipped with a spiked bracelet than you are with a well sharpened pencil.

Myself, I don't care what anyone wears, that's that little thing we call freedom of expression. I wish the government would stop trying to run our lives and just let people live.

BTW, I thought it was Joey with the bracelet, not Steven, or maybe you guys just switch it around to mess with my head?
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Atomsk

Starman Super
Naw.. They just switch it around because they both like to wear it.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

milocat51

Starman Super
You just told me that in MSN, did you really have to post it too?
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

sevex

Starman DX
Actually they're both mine. One that John made for me, and one that I bought in Moncton, but I lent one to Joey.

What's really stupid, is the watch I wear on my right wrist could do a whole lot more damage than the small leather bracelet with the light metal studs on my left wrist...
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

ioev

Starman DX
I wear it to work as part of my casual business attire. Watch out co-workers!

Xenoguy

Starman Super
That's pretty lame.. I dont think i'd cooperate if police tried to take away my jewelry. I'm not sure of the legalities involved, but i don't really believe they have the authority to take away anything like that unless its sharpened. all the spike collars and braclets ive seen are pretty rounded on the ends if you look closely. and defintely not flat pyramid studs.

Is this just the police in PEI? They've always been lame. Not enough excitement for them there, so they have to harass someone.
Sam- "where do i put this so it doesn't hurt anyone we know or care about?"
Max- "out the window sam, there's nothin but strangers out there"

Atomsk

Starman Super
Either that or raid a group of people with some drugs, for a quick high.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

tolklien

Starman Jr.
i like pie