Forum »
You don't have to be Smart...

Atomsk

Starman Super
To be a Boss, just an Asshole!

Something along those lines are marked on a glass we have, I'll type the whole story up in alittle awhile.

I made this thread specifically for people to complain, and bring to light the idiot bosses they've had in the past. I know everyones had them. They're like roaches, you can squish them out, but there are about 10 more to replace that one.

Please people, bitch about your former or Current Bosses, probably not your Current, but.. Atleast Former!
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

ioev

Starman DX
I haven't really had any bad bosses though, they were all nice and friendly and couteous, and stuff like that. Maybe I need a tough asshole boss, to set me straight in the working world.

milocat51

Starman Super
I think I know what Noel's comments stem from. I'm guessing you had to work?

Anywho, for those who have worked at McDonalds (I know at least Tyler has), this post is self explanatory.

Betty Mae.

Otherwise, I've had good bosses. In fact, during my time at Cavendish Farms, they practically treated me like gold, even when I fell asleep on the job.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Dark-Fear

Starman Jr.
Don't get me started on BMW a.k.a Betty May Williams ... allot of stuff in them restaurants when damaged from her *Annoying* me with her nagging and cursing.
I stare out into the light from the darkness, only to wonder what it is I'm missing. Fear not what can be seen in the light of day, but what lurks in the dark and can not.

Atomsk

Starman Super
Alright people, Since I just checked about work today, and it turns out I have been fired.

Its because he didn't put up the schedule until Monday, "Well Noel.. The Schedule was up since Friday.." Friday my fucking Ass, I asked the Managers those nights, Both of them said the schedule WASN'T DONE! Because for a week or two there, he had been starting to do the Schedules and posting them on Monday! Instead of Saterday Night! Which.. Is still very little warning.

Anyways, So now I'm fired because "You ruined my week." Oh course, All of the days this week(Except Thrusday) I phoned in asking if I worked, which.. Of course I either didn't get through, or they told me to phone back later.

Well, I suppose this is good since I don't have to deal with him anymore. To tell you the truth, I was actually starting to like some of the other Managers that people called "Hard-assed" or "Bitchy".

Its funny... I was actually very nice to him on the phone. I didn't bother to say how much of a fucking idiot he was, or anything like that, I was just like "Oh.. ok, Well, Goodbye."

When I really should have told him how I feel..

"You piece of shit! The Schedule wasn't posted till Monday and you fucking know it. I fucking tried to phone in too, You were just too busy talking on Phone sex lines to even bother answering the god damn phone."

Least to say, It looks like I might be looking for Employment this Summertime, Or I'll be losing the Internet for sure due to lack of Funds.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

Burke

Starman Super
He He
BMW yeah I remember that biatch
and btw how long were u working there for.
If more then 3 months he can't fire u for missing one damn sift sue the baster I say.

Also by LAW he must give u 48 hours notice of a sift. I'd call the labor board :)
This can't be a dream... if it was there'd be rum - Captain Jack Sparrow

Atomsk

Starman Super
I've been working there since December.

Oh.. also, He "Claims" he put up the schedule on Friday, but.. No one could find it, Not even the other managers could find it. So... He's either lying, or he put it in a place where no one would find it.

Theres been plenty of times where he's told me to work, when it hasn't been 48 hours notice, Just Telling me to work. So.. Its not an uncommon thing. Maybe I should contact the labour board soon.

The only thing is.. We don't have a Union as far as I know, I was never told we had one or anything.

I missed two shifts though instead of one. When I talked to him on the phone he used the words "I'm done with you.." So.. I dunno, after working there for 3 months, he was suppose to come to me and talk to me about staying longer, or leaving or something. So.. He never came to me so I'm assuming I was in it for the long haul.

The weird part is that I have to go back in there and go to my locker way in the back of the store and get my shoes that I left there. Two pairs of dress shoes, both of them close like over 140 dollars all together.

milocat51

Starman Super
Its a simple equation, Noel. If you don't go to work, you don't keep your job. You told me that your work called you several times that week and you simply didn't pick up the phone.

This isn't like high school, you can't dick off whenever you like and expect to hold down a job. I know I'm sounding like an asshole, but really, don't pull the innocent angel crap. If you were truly concerned about your job, you wouldn't have stopped for one second until you knew the schedule for that week. Calling once a day and then failing to answer a return phone call doesn't cut it. 99% of people go in person and get their schedules. You have to take responsibility, your boss isn't going to baby you.

Anyway, I'm done being a prick. Get a job out at Cavendish Farms with me this summer. You'll make much more money.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Atomsk

Starman Super
Haha, Yea, but the Hours(at Cavendish Farms) would kill me no doubt. But.. Like, I did phone several times a day for to them and got no reply what so ever, and.. they didn't call me several times, only twice.

Also.. even if I miss two days of work, they can't fire me over that(I've heard that alot, my Mother including as told me as well because she's dealt with it abunch in her lifetime.) Also.. as far as I've been hearing... There is a law about 48 hours notice. I have to check out more about it, because as I said, its mostly 'Hearing'.

Also.. when you phone lots of times and get no answer theres something wrong there. Also.. I admit.. I should have went down, I still don't fully know why I didn't go.

I'm just saying that everyone who's even commented on this has said after the amount of time I've worked there.. he can't just throw me out like he did, and thats for sure.

sevex

Starman DX
Well, with the way that job was going, maybe you shouldn't wanna work there anyway.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel