Forum »
Msn Messenger 6

sevex

Starman DX
Well, I installed the new messenger, for about five minutes. It was so ugly... and the message windows are so big with all the extra stuff, and then so ugly without it all. I wish windows would stop screwing around with the look of all their applications and just use the Windows XP skinning function they added so people can maintain a little consistency!
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

milocat51

Starman Super
That's great if you have XP, unlike us unfortunate souls running ME.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

HaLyCoN

Ghost of Starman
bahahah ME. Doesn't Microsoft deny they even made that sad mistake of an operating system?
I want to go home...

milocat51

Starman Super
*sob*
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

milocat51

Starman Super
If anyone cares, I just inadvertantly found out Messenger 6 has animated emoticons, at least for the crying smiley.

Atomsk

Starman Super
Maybe they should release alittle application for people to change the look of their windows on their own. I know some of you are going to say "But thats what the Display Properties are for!" I mean more towards the skinning programs out there, similar to Logon Editors and such.

Wincustomize

For those that want examples of what I mean, but I mean something thats lisenced by microsoft. Joey gave me a very nice program for that sort of thing, Its somewhere on my computer...

Anyways, something built into windows that is easy for most people to use.

That way they could edit Messanger to look how they want it to look, instead of just updating the graphics ever two days.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

milocat51

Starman Super
You're forgetting the golden rule. Microsoft doesn't make windows for the power user, Microsoft makes windows as dummy friendly as possible. Allowing people full fledged options like skinning would not only remove a potential product from the future, but would also add a level of customization your average moron can't handle.

Atomsk

Starman Super
True true... Theres always hoping though. You never know.. Maybe people will begin to become smarter and Microsoft will release something like that. I actually feel like switching over to Linux just to have a challenge, and not to use a very "Dummy-ized" System.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

milocat51

Starman Super
On topic, this article is semi interesting, assuming they go through and actually do it.

milocat51

Starman Super
That Patchou is one slick fella...