Forum »
Astro Boy!

Atomsk

Starman Super
I don't know how many of you people actually seen the original Astro boy, but I was hooked when I was a kid, and I'd still love to watch as many episodes as I could now. This is for you people that are like me in this way.

AstroBoy!
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

milocat51

Starman Super
Astroboy was actually one of the first anime ever, although my memory is fuzzy as to whether Speed Racer came first. Kind of a chicken or egg type question.

Anyways, yes, I like many others started my anime career young with Astro Boy. I used to watch it ever morning while waiting for the bus. I remember that I always had to leave during the last part since my bus got there at 7:25 or something.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Dark-Fear

Starman Jr.
From what I can remember the artistic style of Speed racer was alot older looking then Astroboy... I remember watching both when I was a youngin.
I stare out into the light from the darkness, only to wonder what it is I'm missing. Fear not what can be seen in the light of day, but what lurks in the dark and can not.

milocat51

Starman Super
Indeed, Astroboy was the first animated television series to hit Japanese TV, but there's a little story behind that.

Astroboy was a succesful comic strip back in the 1950's in Japan. Then around 1960, it was animated (in black and white, of course). The color version came out many years later, around 1980. By then, Astroboy was already a hit worldwide, and many aspects of it became defining marks of anime (such as large oval eyes). There were 193(!!) episodes in total, but only 104 were redubbed for distribution outside Japan.

Phew.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Atomsk

Starman Super
Haha, Yep, Speed Racer... I seen it only alittle bit actually.. I watched the Newer one alot though... I think.. It might have been the original.

I may not have been an abid gamer from the beginning, but I watch a hell-of-alot of TV.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.