Forum »
It came from Linksville!

Moik

Starman Super
Interesting perspective on Piracy from a Brazilian eBook Professionals convention.

Apparently, the topic boiled down to "... is it better to sell 100 books with none pirated, or sell 1,000 books with 9,000 pirated?". Apparently there are studies run by EMI (a music publisher) which profiled Limewire pirates and found they were also some of the heaviest iTunes users. The people who "weren't spending any money on music" were the people who "spent the most money on music".

I think that's funny since my personal example against the assumed losses of piracy is that I know people who ran an illegal mp3 server and they have a shelf so full of purchased CDs it's slowly sagging apart under the weight, and ran an emulator server but have NES cartridges & NES cartridges & NES cartridges & NES cartridges & NES cartridges & NES cartridges as though it was some kind of episode of Epic 8-Bit Time.

Also, I now copyright Epic 8-Bit Time and we need to make it a thing somehow.
Hyper-advanced aliens might not have to send their interstellar battle fleet to conquer Earth, it might only take three bored undergraduate aliens with borrowed lab equipment.

Moik

Starman Super
Boogity Boogity Boogity AMEN but Fuck Everything.
Hyper-advanced aliens might not have to send their interstellar battle fleet to conquer Earth, it might only take three bored undergraduate aliens with borrowed lab equipment.

Atomsk

Starman Super
Man I love those guys. I just spent like a half hour going through some of their videos.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

ioev

Starman DX
Nintendo... why u no release here?

Correction, it's supposed to be not great.

sevex

Starman DX
No more Mario & Luigi?
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

ELYK11

Starman Jr.
Nah, over-analyzing. Both series are popular, both series are fully capable of generating money because they are good (although, I prefer Paper Mario over M&L...).
Super Paper Mario was a platformer with a few RPG elements. Did this mean ALL Paper Mario games were destined to become as such? Obviously not.

subpop

Starman Super
New RAGE trailer from Quake-Con!

Also, this could be really good...
You! Invaders! Get You the Hot Bullets of Shotgun to Die!

sevex

Starman DX
So lame.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

Moik

Starman Super
"Scrolls" is a stupid name for a video game anyways. Makes it sound like a cheesy Newgrounds flash game about shifting the screen around. Bethseda is doing them a favour.

ioev

Starman DX
So Elder SCROLLS sues for Scrolls, but Blizzard didn't sue for MineCRAFT? Kind of messed.