Forum »
It came from Linksville!

gukid

Starman DX
So when a cashier asks if you want your receipt, you now say NO. If you want to have offspring that is. (Disclaimer: Probably more sensationalist than serious.)
"No More Heroes is a really great game. A very amazing game. I think No More Heroes is a great game, there's no other action game like it for the Wii. If it was a band, it would be really energetic, like the Arctic Monkeys." - SUDA 51

Moik

Starman Super
This is probably the stupidest-thing-a-person-can-do-which-I-would-do-as-well because it looks so awesome despite having no possible positive outcome.

Also, Black Man Loves Pokemon.
Hyper-advanced aliens might not have to send their interstellar battle fleet to conquer Earth, it might only take three bored undergraduate aliens with borrowed lab equipment.

gukid

Starman DX
Reminding myself to get this.
"No More Heroes is a really great game. A very amazing game. I think No More Heroes is a great game, there's no other action game like it for the Wii. If it was a band, it would be really energetic, like the Arctic Monkeys." - SUDA 51

gukid

Starman DX
Just a reminder if you haven't heard by now, CFL bulbs make you sick. (Read the comments.)

sevex

Starman DX
Baha, stupid governments.

I've hated those lights since they first appeared. Take forever to light up, hurt to look at, and now this...
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

Atomsk

Starman Super
From what I can remember, because of the chemicals used in the creation of CFL's and during use, doesn't each and every one of them need to be specially disposed of?

I'm sure there's a label on them that say that. I'm also confident that each and every person out there has no idea of this, and they'll just throw them in whatever bin they can toss them in first.

If so you gotta love them using the whole, "Changing over for climate change" line they keep using.

"We're going to clean up the environment by changing your waste mess into a chemical mess." Well, that's just peachy.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

Moik

Starman Super
*has all CFLs bulbs throughout the apartment*
*selected them based on lifespan so he won't have to keep changing light bulbs*

There's an environmental facet to these too? Neat!

According to Health Canada, you won't need to worry about radiation unless you have Lupus, are allergic to the sun, or are otherwise within 30cm of a light which does not have a glass cover.
Hyper-advanced aliens might not have to send their interstellar battle fleet to conquer Earth, it might only take three bored undergraduate aliens with borrowed lab equipment.

Atomsk

Starman Super
It's not very reliable, but Wikipedia cites the reason why they're environmental issues is because of the Mercury within them.

Link
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

Moik

Starman Super
Health Canada says there's enough Mercury in any given bulb to coat the tip of a ballpoint pen. Wikipedia says CFL bulbs accounted for 0.1% of all mercury emissions in the US.

Seems a bit of a tempest in a teapot.

gukid

Starman DX
What a great answer!