Forum »
Best Nintendo Article Ever

sevex

Starman DX
I found the greatest Nintendo article ever written while spending my daily allowance of... all day... on the Xengen forums. If you question Nintendo's future in the home console market, then read it. If you dont... read it anyway.

[ Breaksmith - The Nintendo Situation ]
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

ioev

Starman DX
I don't agree with the "Each Gamecube costs Nintendo around $20 to make." because I know they cost more than that.

And if it's supposed to be sarcastic... I just don't get it. Otherwise, very well written article. Sort of brings to mind Weird Al, who has such a large fanbase, all he has to do is release an album, and it sells. I mean, it's not like he's ever going to release a bad album, but he'd never really have to worry about promoting himself, because everyone who cares will be aware of it by the time it hits the shelves.

ioev

Starman DX
Oh, and speaking of Al:

"After spending the better part of the last three years negotiating his record deal, Al is very pleased to announce that his new contract with Volcano has at long last been finalized. The label will get Al's next four albums, plus one cheesy compilation if they're so inclined. No telling yet when the new album will come out, but the original (non-parody) songs have all been recorded, and now that there's nothing standing in the way of finishing it, Al is looking to get back in the studio just as soon as he can!"

4 more Al albums is VERY good news :)

Also:

"What a difference 13 years makes... When "UHF" hit the theatres in the summer of 1989, critics were less than kind and the box office numbers were less than impressive. But in the last decade or so, the film has built up an enormous cult following and those nasty critics have back-pedaled a bit. And now, the fabulous new DVD release of "UHF" is getting universally great reviews, and it debuted on the DVD sales chart in the Top Ten!! (By the way, it was the highest-ranking MGM title on the chart, if you happen to take pleasure in that sort of thing.) Once again, we'd like to sincerely thank you, the fans, for making this all happen. Yay!"

Man, I hope I don't change the subject of this thread TOO much :P