Forum »
The new gba looks like crap

Gatsu

Starman Super
I guess it wasn't a complete hoax... There's no new processor or buttons or anything, but there is a new GBA that nintendo designed, it IS a flip top, and it's back lit... I think it looks stupid. But anyway... [ Planet Gamecube | Pic ]
-_o

sevex

Starman DX
I think it looks pretty awesome! I love the way the button/screen layout is more like the gameboy color. Only issue I can see is that it's a little too square, and the L & R buttons might be a little more difficult to use.

I'll definitely be buying one though!
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

Moik

Starman Super
I was all like "FLIP TOP???" cuz had just been in a conversaion where the dreamcast/ps1 loading style was referred to as flip-top. I though you meant it loaded like that. Thought that was kinda weird, like they were gonna make it use minidiscs.

I prefer the first GBA's style. Though having the screen cover itself like that is nice in the folding version.
Hyper-advanced aliens might not have to send their interstellar battle fleet to conquer Earth, it might only take three bored undergraduate aliens with borrowed lab equipment.

sevex

Starman DX
The original GBA will definitely be the more comfortable and easy to use version, but this one is just so high tech and cool.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

Marteau

Starman Super
There pretty cool, I would buy one if there was any games i liked.

Prax

Starman Jr.
GameSpot has a hands-on article on the GBAsp, they seem to like the way it feels, saying it's actually rather comfortable.
Casual Hex - casualhex.com | "People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." -Alan Kay

sevex

Starman DX
Yeah, I just read that, and it's quite a relief. They say the L&R buttons are actually easier to use than the current ones. I really hope the screen brightness is adjusted a little higher, so GBC games don't look so dark.

Atomsk

Starman Super
Personally, I'm kinda pissed off (As Rob heard me say quite abit, just abit ago.) Its ok and all.. But... The GBA just kinda came out alittle while ago.. I like the backlite idea... and the Folding thing, Rob pointed out that it'll reduce the scratchs your screen gets, so thats always good. I'm just pissed that just barely last week I just bought a freaken Gameboy Advanced, And Now they are coming out with a new one.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

Atomsk

Starman Super
The New Dimisions for the Gameboy Advanced are 24.3x82x84.6mm. Thats when its folded up of course. Obviously you know what the numbers mean, but for those who don't (I hope nobody doesn't...) 24.3 Thickness of it, from the bottom to the top. 82 Length, from where you put the cartrige in, to where it folds. And last bout not least, the 84.6 is the size of it from the Left Trigger Side, to the Right Trigger Side.

EDIT - For those who don't get it.. Go Here.

EDIT - And Yes, I am aware those arrows are very badly made.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

sevex

Starman DX
Noel I'd be pretty dissapointed too if I were you. But you never know, after I get mine you might prefer your regular model anyway.

I've recently discovered some other downsides to Gameboy Advance SP design...

Kirby's Tilt and Tumble won't function right, because the cart is upside down.

It requires an adapter to use regular headphones, which will cost something like five dollars.

Some people are speculating that the e-card reader won't fit, but I don't think this is true.

Also, I'm worried about the title Konami announced that would use Sunlight as a gimmick. It would be hard to pull-off when the cart sits in the shade.