Forum »
E3 2011 is almost here!

subpop

Starman Super
So, for the past several years there has always been an e3 thread, so I thought, why not? Let's keep this trend going...

and as always, my favorite live conference stream comes from Gametrailers.

I'll go first -Serious Sam 3? Aw Yea!
You! Invaders! Get You the Hot Bullets of Shotgun to Die!

subpop

Starman Super
Metal Gear HD Collection coming for PS3 and Xbox 360. Oh, and Zone of the Enders, too...and a HD Silent Hill collection is in the works (all in same article)

and a possible Contra Reboot? Sweet!

subpop

Starman Super
Holy crap, the Dark Souls e3 trailer is amazzzzzzzzzzzzzing!

sevex

Starman DX
I wonder if the blind girl from the first game will make an appearance.

I hope so. Her voice was pretty important for creating the atmosphere.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

ioev

Starman DX
OMFG. Who cares about E3, Duke Nukem Forever Demo is out!

subpop

Starman Super
Yeah, just played through it, so far it's pretty awesome... It's basically what I've seen before, which is nice as the full game will be a surprise.

A couple things I did notice, however, is that the mouse control is a bit wonky, and the some of the graphics options make the game look a little weird... I can certainly tell it was by the Borderlands team by the way Duke sprints...

Still, it's damn funny, and was overall enjoyable.

"Hell, I'd still hit it" :)

Edit: Maybe I'm praising this game a little too much... It is Duke, and it IS a demo. But now that I look back to what I played, it's pretty generic, and steals the "crap" from other games.

-Regenerating Health (crap)
-Hold 2 weapons max (crap!)
-No Boot? (Maybe it's just not in the demo?)
-Aim Assist enabled by default (??? CRAP!)
-Driving section was pretty terribad (and crap)...

...maybe the full game will be better. Let's hope so!

subpop

Starman Super
Silent Hill: Downpour trailer

@ 1:13 is dat some David Hayter voice acting?

ioev

Starman DX
I lolled at the absurdity of the "Wilhelm Scream" when the bus turned over, and then all the atmosphere was lost. Konami has gotta lose these jokers and take back the series.

sevex

Starman DX
I also found it kinda killed any atmosphere they had going. I realized long ago if I want to play a good Silent Hill game, I just go back and replay Silent Hill. Always great.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

ioev

Starman DX
What about the new franchises?