Forum »
Destination: Tuneside

sevex

Starman DX
There are a couple of new Portugal, The Man songs on their Myspace. (New album next month!)
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

sevex

Starman DX
Hey Joey have you heard The Young Veins? If not, listen to the song and let me know if it sounds... familiar... without looking at comments.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

ioev

Starman DX
It sounds familiar in a Sloan/Elliot Smith sort of way, but then also by the obvious Monkeys/Beatles thing. This is some of the Panic guys right?

sevex

Starman DX
Yeah the guitarist/main songwriter and bass player. You can really hear the similarities I find. (I guess I remember this guy singing on a Panic song or two.)

ioev

Starman DX
Sounds like those were the one's responsible for their "Pretty Odd" record.

ioev

Starman DX
Just sorta stumbled on these guys. Leaves!

ioev

Starman DX
Go stream the new Weird Al.

Moik

Starman Super
My Reactions:
Song 1 - Awesome.
Song 2 - Still awesome, almost two years after he released it, what the shit.
Song 3 - Meh.
Song 4 - Meh. Interest waning.
Song 5 - Feels really dated. Interest waning.
Song 6 - Lame. Interest almost gone.
Song 7 - FUCK YES, NEW FAVOURITE SONG EVER.
Song 8 - Is this... Meatloaf? I don't even...
Song 9 - O_o The fuck am I listening to?
Song 10 - Mild chuckle and indifference. Felt too long.
Song 11 - Yeah, I kinda like this one. It has a sort of Classic Al feel. I'd cruise with it cranked. The albumn needed more like this. (Also, Joey, your Avatar walks to the beat of this song)
Song 12 - Decent, but overall indifferent.

I like all of four songs on the albumn. :( Overall, I am disappointed.
Hyper-advanced aliens might not have to send their interstellar battle fleet to conquer Earth, it might only take three bored undergraduate aliens with borrowed lab equipment.

sevex

Starman DX
Interesting...

sevex

Starman DX
The Decemberists Tiny Desk Concert at NPR.

Even better, watch them perform the whole new album. (Video does come appear eventually.)