Forum »
DUKE NUKEM COMETH

sevex

Starman DX
I don't have much to say about this, except that it's the biggest news ever.

Gearbox software, makers of Borderlands, which I'm currently enjoying quite a bit, have officially taken over development of Duke Nukem Forever.

It will be shown very soon at PAX.

It will be out THIS YEAR.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

subpop

Starman Super
oh shi!
You! Invaders! Get You the Hot Bullets of Shotgun to Die!

sevex

Starman DX
First videos.

And impressions. It sounds awesome so far, although the girls in the game look like they came from Silent Hill.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

Moik

Starman Super
May basically be a Borderlands mod. I'd be completely fine with that.

BUT... BUT... The most critical issue... Who is the voice actor for Duke? That will make or break the game.
Hyper-advanced aliens might not have to send their interstellar battle fleet to conquer Earth, it might only take three bored undergraduate aliens with borrowed lab equipment.

sevex

Starman DX
Pretty sure it's the same guy, but I'll have to hear him.

subpop

Starman Super
It's really too bad they're going to be using regenerative health instead of the traditional health packs they used in Duke 3d.

"However, Duke Nukem Forever is not stuck in time. It incorporates many genre updates from the last 12 years, such as regenerative health and Call of Duty-style zoom (aim down sights) with the left trigger. "

Sauce: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1118240p1.html

Oh, and there are apparently rumors of only being able to carry 2 weapons at a time... FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU-

4chan's going nuts about this. Please don't fuck this up Gearbox.

Moik

Starman Super
>regenerative health
>two weapons at a time

Borderlands mod.
Not that I don't mind!
Just don't expect more than ten bucks for it.

I would also prefer health packs and full array of hotswappable weapons. Those aren't genre "updates" so much as "changes". An update is a fix.
Hyper-advanced aliens might not have to send their interstellar battle fleet to conquer Earth, it might only take three bored undergraduate aliens with borrowed lab equipment.

sevex

Starman DX
Yeah these changes are definitely not needed. They are adjustments made to cater to a simpler crowd, and just make the game more forgiving. Duke Nukem Forever should be a throwback, not a generic shooter...

subpop

Starman Super
Reading a bit more into the regenerating health, apparently your health does not regenerate automatically, but by killing enemies...?

Also, they chose to allow 2 weapons to be held at a time because of controller limitations...? CAAAAAAAAAAAASUUUUUUUUUALLLLSSS

sevex

Starman DX
Beh controller limitations are laaaame. But I guess at the core it shouldn't affect too much. It will play more like every other shooter though...