Forum »
Guitar Hero Metallica First Impressions

ryan

Starman Jr.
I just played the first 2 songs, the game opens very strong with 2 great metallica songs and solos.

Then it proceeds to suck by forcing you to create your own band, and play a bunch of bullshit songs.

One of the main reasons I bought this game apart from wanting to play a lot of Metallica songs was the fact that there was an Expert Plus difficulty, which I haven't been able to find, or you just can't even select, or see from the beginning. I assume you have to unlock it, which is crap... Playing through expert is way too easy and a waste of time, or maybe it's only for the drums

I'm going to continue to play it, to see if it gets any better.
"Why is the rum gone?!".

ioev

Starman DX
Expert Plus? I'm guessing in the "Neversoft" sort of way, they just add a bunch of extra notes that don't actually contribute to the song?

I saw how it was Metallica plus guest acts. Doesn't Metallica have a large enough library that they wouldn't need to do this? I mean, just put in every studio album and you have around 80-90 songs right there.

ryan

Starman Jr.
yeah, I wasn't expecting to get a bunch of crap songs, I was expecting to pay for a game called Guitar Hero METALLICA to contain all metallica songs, especially for 70$+ tax.

I also forgot to mention that this game forces you to use the World Tour guitar for the slider bar, I fucking hate that guitar controller. Wireless Les Paul is the best but it makes it harder to do the slider bar parts...

I threw out my world tour guitar a long time ago.

EDIT: Oh something else, it doesn't show you your score on the song select screen, so you're fucked if you ever want to know what score you got on a song. I only noticed this because I just got an achievement worth 30G for scoring over 330,000 points on enter sandman, but I have no idea how many points I actually earned.

The game is based on stars to advance, and not amount of songs completed, so I just 5 star everything and skip all the gay songs.

Just finished the expert career for guitar, all 5 stars. No Expert Plus yet, I also had to UNLOCK MY DOWNLOADED CONTENT by completing the career, what the fuck.

I just found Expert Plus, it is only on drums, and you ABSOLUTELY NEED double kickers, which apparently from what I'm told by people who've played it already, the game will only allow it to work with world tour drums. Which I don't have because they suck.
"Why is the rum gone?!".

sevex

Starman DX
Well... sounds like buying it may have been a mistake? I dunno... what bands besides Metallica are in there?
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

ryan

Starman Jr.
Maybe, I wouldn't mind so much if expert plus wasn't drums only, and no one seemed to know about that...

Boasting about a feature that only applies to one instrument, and only on less than half of the songs.
"Why is the rum gone?!".

sevex

Starman DX
So the "expert plus" basically means songs that need the double-kicker?

I'm sure it's fun to do... but unfortunate that it's only some of the songs.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

ryan

Starman Jr.
Alot of the songs I would like to use the double kickers on anyway, even if the expert plus difficulty is not available. But nooo, not possible.

I need to find someplace to buy the rock band 2 kick pedal separate from the drumset, I keep breaking rockband 1 drum pedals.
"Why is the rum gone?!".

Chichester

Starman Jr.
I'm surprised that you're so disappointed by the non-Metallica songs. Motörhead, Corrosion of Conformity, Diamond Head, Mastodon, Kyuss, Judas Priest, Samhain, Alice in Chains, Queen, The Sword, Thin Lizzy, Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies . . . sounds great to me. To each his own, though. I'm locked in as a dedicated Rock Band guy, anyway; and I doubt that I'll get to try this game, unfortunately.

ryan

Starman Jr.
I went out looking to buy a separate kick pedal, and splitter (supposedly they came with the game if you pre-ordered)

So I went to the stores that offered this pre order bonus, and I found out that it was only a select few of those stores who were supposed to have it, actually participated in the offer.

So I asked them if I could order it, they said nope. I asked if it was being released soon, no idea?

Screw this, a game that boasts about it, and no way to play it.

And, confirmed that expert plus only works on Guitar Hero WT drums. Bummer...
"Why is the rum gone?!".