Forum »
Honest Question.

Moik

Starman Super
Now, I know I'm a bad person for asking this, but really, how come there hasn't been a school shooting where the shooters were in Army of Two cosplay? Would that not be an awesome way to go out?

But that got me to thinking, let's say I brought this up in a larger, more world-wide internet forum with alot of views. It would spark a discussion which glorified the concept yet further, and then someone actually would go do it, and it would be my fault for bringing it up.

But then that got me to thinking about the whole video games encouraging violence thing. I've always thought, and still do, that someone needs to be inclined toward such violence initially; a game can't force them to become that way against their genetic wiring.

But then I'm thinking about all the epic glorification that could come from an 'army of 2 cosplay school raid gogogo" thread, and I'm thinking it could be the actual trigger for releasing that impulse where the emotional value percieved in the act exceeds a certain threshold where that inclination was initially repressed or otherwise in check.

So now, I think my view is that while games don't make people violent, awesome games do.

Agreement? Disagreement?
Hyper-advanced aliens might not have to send their interstellar battle fleet to conquer Earth, it might only take three bored undergraduate aliens with borrowed lab equipment.

sevex

Starman DX
Why don't girls ever shoot up a school... dressed in Army of Two cosplay...?
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

Moik

Starman Super
Yeah, let's get some Rule 63 up in this bitch.
Hyper-advanced aliens might not have to send their interstellar battle fleet to conquer Earth, it might only take three bored undergraduate aliens with borrowed lab equipment.

Atomsk

Starman Super
My god, girls in Army of Two cosplay? Shit, if the girls were hot, that would be awesome, but so would any hot girls cosplaying a very masculine character(Except Zangeif).

Awesome games make people violent? Naw, maybe popular violent games do. I haven't seen someone shot over Trauma Center yet(I'm sure some people have probably come close).

Though, if there's a school shooting where the people dressed up like space marines, protoss, and zerg, I'll totally retract my statement.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.