Forum »
Rechargeable Batteries

Dotty

Starman Jr.
Mine suck. They were the cheapest ones. It was a bad choice. And so....
I NEED YOUR HELP! I have to buy new rechargeable batteries but don't know what I should be looking for. Does anyone have some that work well? My camera has a whole list of batteries I can use. The ones I have now are NiMH but it also says CRV3, lithium and NiMn (also KAA2hr but I'm guessing that's just a Kodak AA battery of some sort???). It's just a simple Kodak EasyShare but these batteries are becoming a real pain. Any suggestions?
"...If you are not to be the martyred slaves of Time, be perpetually drunk! With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you please." - C. Baudelaire

Azeoth

Starman Super
GBA SP+gameboy camera=problem solved
Raptor Fun Fact #73 - The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which are made of evil

ioev

Starman DX
I feel your pain. My camera uses 4 AA, and it seems every time I charge them, then go to use it, it's dead.

milocat51

Starman Super
I don't have a direct suggestion for battery types, but I did find out when it comes to my own digital camera, my NiMH batteries will slowly drain while inside the camera even when it's off. So, it may help to keep the batteries just out of the camera, and pop them in when you use it.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Dark-Fear

Starman Jr.
lithium Ion are the best to use because they suffer no memory effect, however I think you will loose voltage in pretty much any of these batteries. The best "Storage" battery is a lead-acid battery as used in big commercial battery banks. As Milocat51 has suggested, take the batteries out when not in use and see if that helps reduce trickle voltage loss.
I stare out into the light from the darkness, only to wonder what it is I'm missing. Fear not what can be seen in the light of day, but what lurks in the dark and can not.

Dotty

Starman Jr.
Yeah I actually just charged mine last night Joey! And today..... NOTHING! The light turns red long enough to flash four times and then nothing!

So annoying! Anyway thanks guys for your input.
"...If you are not to be the martyred slaves of Time, be perpetually drunk! With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you please." - C. Baudelaire

Gatsu

Starman Super
That sounds like a more deep rooted problem than crappy batteries (unless you got duds that won't charge). I use NIMH in anything that doesn't have a built in Li-Ion battery pack (whoop, battery fires). They DO slowly lose their charge over time, but it's a fairly long period of time (at LEAST a month), not overnight. Return the crappy ones you bought and get replacements, stating they don't charge. I'd also recommend trying them in another device after charging just to be sure there's not an issue with the camera discharging them quickly.

Batteries I know are good:
-Energizer 2500 mAh NiMH rechargable batteries.
-Duracell 2650 mAh NiMH rechargable batteries

(the higher the mAh rating, the longer they will last).

Make sure you have a good charger too. I recommend this one. Been using it for 5 years now without issues. (This one is a better model and comes with batteries).
-_o