Forum »
XBOX 360

Yousefer

Starman Jr.
So I bought a 360(a week ago? it's all a blur.)

I got a few games to go with it; Saint's Row(GTA knockoff) Oblivion(nothing to explain) PGR3, and Dead Rising.

I'm not going into great detail about the system itself, as there isnt much to say...and I think we've all heard enough about the 360.

The only game i've completed so far is Saint's Row- an unabashed clone of GTA. While the game is very pretty- the cars all glisten when brand new, and explosions are downright awesome...The game itself isnt very long, and to finish everything 100% would take me a little over 30 hours. Dissapointing, but I guess I can't expect gold from a first generation game.

Dead Rising is unplayable for me at the moment, which is too bad considering it's one of the reasons I bought a 360. The game is optimized for viewing on HDTV, and for some reason this makes the font tiny, and pixelated on my screen- unreadable. I've got no idea what i'm supposed to do! So until Capcom releases a patch to fix the problem, I can't play the game :(

It is a lot of fun destroying hundreds of Zombies though, be it dressed as a pervert, or armed with CD jewel cases. I'm sure I'll love the game when I get to play it :)

I'm about 50 hours into Oblivion, and just made Champion of the Fighter's Guild...this game is massively awesome, and I guess thats all I need to say about that.

PGR3 is PGR2 with better graphics, some new cars, and a nice blurring effect when you make sharp turns, and what not. The amount of races seems to be lower, but the game retains it's difficulty.

Back to the depths of Oblivion!

subpop

Starman Super
You're not the only one playing Oblivion. It's so addictive, especially when you have a day off, and you've got nothing to do. I only really started playing again as of recent because of a videocard upgrade (Geforce 6600gt), which makes it MUCH more enjoyable than playing it on my ATI 9600 pro. :P

I've wanted to see what Oblivion looks like or feels like on the Xbox 360, and what it feels like playing with a controller, It almost seems like it was meant to be played with a controller. Not that it plays bad on the computer, but the gameplay is a little slow.
You! Invaders! Get You the Hot Bullets of Shotgun to Die!

Yousefer

Starman Jr.
I don't mind the controller, but i'd rather be playing Oblivion with a keyboard/mouse setup, it just works so much better for the first person view.

I've gotten a chance to connect to XBOX live, and have downloaded at least 10 gigs of demos, all "free" surprisingly. My free trial lasts only a month, so i'm going to have to download as much Jessica Simpson as possible, seeing as how she's the 360's "Featured Artist" :|

Anyway, I've beaten Oblivion, at around 97 hours of play time, not bad for the first time through.