Forum »
Ragnarok Online to go P2P

Atomsk

Starman Super
Priston Tale is cool. The 3d Environments messes with the Camera quite abit. I've had tons of times where Vines and stuff were blocking my screen and a Tree would change my camera almost entirely.

Other then that... It seems really cool. The Character leveling system and skill development seems really complex, but indepth. It gives you alot of control in customizing your characters. There isn't a ton of Weapons or Armor apparently, but it takes longer before you can switch between them.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

milocat51

Starman Super
The games will likely bear some similarities, as they are both Korean developed.

I downloaded the game overnight, and I'm about to install it.

UPDATE: Game's installed, played for about one minute, will put more time in later today. Also getting Bomberman Online setup, so, um, w00t.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

milocat51

Starman Super
Well I've put some more time into Priston Tale, so I'll give some updated impressions.

For starters, this game is very unfriendly to newbies. I'm not talking about the players, since most of them don't speak my language, but the game itself is very difficult. My character was dumped in town with no money, no equipment, and no information. After wandering for a bit, I found myself outside. I attack some little hoppy worm thing, and his buddies came over and promptly trounced me. The problem with combat is that if you attack a guy, any nearby monsters will come over and help. So if you decide to take a swing at that thing with the horn on its head, the killer mushroom nearby is gonna take you down. Also, be prepared to die starting out. At least there's no penalty for restarting in town (I think).

I don't know what Noel is talking about as far as customizing goes. You have the option of three faces per character, and as far as I can tell that's it. If you're keeping count, that's even less customizability than Ragnarok. However, the faces for each class are unique, and the weapons/armor you equip show up on your person, so that's a plus. Right now my guy is using a bow he found, and it's slung over his back when he's in town. As for skills, taking a quick look at the requirements, you'll probably have at least one level in every skill, since they unlock in sequential order. The amount of classes (sixteen total) is nice, though that's a lot of levels from now.

I do share his concerns on the camera. I've found the easiest way is to set it to 'lock', and rotate it using the arrow keys or middle mouse button. The other methods are a pain to utilize effectively. But in fairness, almost all 3d games have camera problems.

One last thing, about Bomberman Online... it's awesome. However, the entire site and game are in Japanese. A friend of a friend set me up with my own account, but I have no idea as to how you would go about doing so. If you're feeling adventerous, click on the link and give it a shot. If you can manage to get the game in, you'll like it, trust me.

EDIT: This page has information in english on how to set the game up.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Atomsk

Starman Super
Well, I never meant their looks being customizable, then again I never said anything against it. Anyways, the spells, mainly for my magic guy, Theres alot of them. I feel kinda like this game more compares to Diablo 2 then with RO.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

milocat51

Starman Super
Then what did you mean? Because I covered skills. For my class, one skill becomes available at level 10, another at 12, then 15, etc. So, I'd end up learning all of them anyway. Either that, or just not spend my points.

In comparison, other games like Diablo and RO give you multiple options at the same level. My druid in D2 could put points in werewolf, or I could work on my elementals, or my familiars, and so on. I don't see that same scope of options yet, but time may prove me wrong.

Atomsk

Starman Super
I don't know about your class or anything.. But.. Morion from what I can tell does have quite alot of classes. It also appears you can't learn new abilities on your own, You have to be taught by a person in the middle of town Usually. In our town its somewhat off to the side beside the Blacksmiths place.

milocat51

Starman Super
Both 'races' have the exact same number of classes. The only thing race determines is what set of four base classes you can choose. It's otherwise irrelevant, unless you want to go into the story.

And I don't think I'll ever be able to get anywhere near your town again, Noel. When we were fighting outside it, I didn't see one other Mechanician besides myself, which leads me to believe your place is so frickin far away that none of them ever make it there.