Forum »
Ragnarok Online to go P2P

milocat51

Starman Super
On June 1st (this sunday), Ragnarok Online will become pay to play. The prices will be;
PayByCash
Monthly, automatically recurring Direct Debit $15.95
3-month subscription to RO $39.95
6-month subscription to RO $69.95

or
Credit Card Payment
1-month subscription $12.00
3-month subscription $32.00
6-month subscription $57.00

So, this means my RO days are finished.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

ioev

Starman DX
$12? To play an unfinished and otherwise completely uninspired game?

BWAHAHAHA

Seriously, it couldn't even get my attention when it was free. Hope you guys enjoy the lag free playing environment. And don't be a sucker, let your characters die. The whole free period was to get people leveled up enough that they might care about their characters and contacts. Good marketing, but just let it GO. "You are not your Ragnarok Online character"

milocat51

Starman Super
I've long since stopped playing, but I know there are those who frequent this board who'd be interested in this little tidbit.

I've met some interesting people, but they're on my respective contact lists now, so I could care less about RO.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Gatsu

Starman Super
Excepting for the overcrowding and slow connection to korean servers, I thought it was a pretty neat game. It even ran well on my laptop - and had some pretty decent art. It didn't hold my attention like DAoC tho...
-_o

Dark-Fear

Starman Jr.
Awwwe well, it was something everyone expected. In the end not every company can have a awesome service like Blizzard :D, realistically I don't think many will pay that much to continue play what is still a beta with no servers located in North America. After this game though I'm really interested in this genre of game, and before it I wasn't interested in such games but now I can honestly think I would like to play more... the fact that you can buy all these cool items to make yer character look cool is a great touch.

I'm really disappointed that I will no longer be able to play but thats the best way to control lag :D
I stare out into the light from the darkness, only to wonder what it is I'm missing. Fear not what can be seen in the light of day, but what lurks in the dark and can not.

milocat51

Starman Super
I have the utmost respect for Blizzard as a game company. Unlike the 'industry standard', they still manage to provide free online play service.

Question is if this will carry over to WoW. Somehow I doubt it. MMORPG's are always overpriced. Sigh.

milocat51

Starman Super
I've heard good things about Priston Tale. Its free right now, so if you're suffering from RO withdrawal, go check it out.

Atomsk

Starman Super
From what I've seen on the Website, it looks pretty cool(Also like to point out the Site Layout looks abit similar to the Ragnarok Online site except for afew cooler effects. But I need a second opinion on this, Steven? Joey? Anyone?)

I'm downloading it at the moment, its a smaller file then RO, but.. Its pretty cool looking so far.. Completely 3D, which.. Will get abit annoying or Fustrating at some points, Why, and How I don't know, but I have a feeling they will.

It seems like all the Weapons, Armor, Equipment in general has a different skin for characters. Like.. If you have a Broad Sword, and I have a Bastard Sword, they're going to look different and the Armor will look like how it looks in your inventory. These are just some minor quesses after seeing peoples screenshots, and stuff on the site.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

sevex

Starman DX
Yeah, looks like we'll have to find a new beta mmorpg to play. I'd like to continue playing Ragnarok Online, but I doubt many of you guys are gonna pay US$12 a month, so I'll be on my own...

I'll check out that Prison Tale game, but I really liked the 2D visuals of Ragnarok Online. Maybe this one will have more character appearance customization though.

And Noel, I agree, the site does have a style similar to that of the Ragnarok Online site... but definitly not ripped off or anything like that.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

Atomsk

Starman Super
Oh ok, just checking. It seems extremely similar to the point where I was thinking it was ripped off. The game is finished downloading, and all I have to do is start it up. I agree with you about the awesome visuals in RO, the whole 2D thing is awesome.

I don't really know if I'll take to this 3D look of Priston Tales as easily.... The colors and atmosphere seem darker as well opposed to the Bright colors of RO.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.