Forum »
Hot Game Boy Advance Action!

milocat51

Starman Super
Reported from da box, Nintendo is not only bringing over Fire Emblem for the GBA (Renamed to Fire Emblem: Sword of Fire), they are ALSO working on a sequel to Metroid Fusion called Metroid: Zero Mission.

And if I hadn't wanted an SP bad enough before... argh.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

sevex

Starman DX
Steve says nothing here...
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

ioev

Starman DX
OH
MY
HOLY FRIGGING GOD ALMIGHTY!

I'm entirely serious when I say that one of the only reasons I continue with my gaming habits is so that I can one day play Fire Emblem in english. This is truely amazing. And with a sequel already out in Japan! O_o

*Joey rocks out*

ioev

Starman DX
Oh, and then I realize that... Rekka no Ken is the SEQUEL to the first one, which means, that nintendo is skipping over the first fantastic game...

and my anger towards nintendo FUCKING RISES AGAIN

*Joey ceases all rocking out, and proceeds to post-mark buddy "presents" to nintendo*

milocat51

Starman Super
Well... uh... that's... nice?

o.o;
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Atomsk

Starman Super
Joey! Joey! Joey! Take a deeeeeep breath, and relax.

I've been wanting to play Fire Emblem in English for alittle while here, really only since I played Super Smash Brothers, But... I still want to try it, I think it would be pretty cool, but I'm just assuming.

Also.. since both of those games are coming it, it means I either have to get a GBA SP, or I have to get the GBA adapter thing for my Gamecube.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

ioev

Starman DX
But, only the second game is coming...

I actually downloaded the second fire emblem last night to try it out, and it's so... americanized. You can see that they were planning on releasing it here. Easy first battles with a built in tutorial on how to attack, move, exchange items. The other Fire Emblems didn't have that, because everyone in Japan has played them. *sigh*

Atomsk

Starman Super
Oh ok.. Well, I suppose its understandable how you can hate them... I always hated those Tutorials...

"Ok.. Now we're going to go through the easy and basic shit that you should already know had you not been born an idiot."
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

milocat51

Starman Super
Noel, I think you defeated your own point with that 'had you not been born an idiot' bit.

It all comes down to dollar signs, sadly. If a game company doesn't cater to the main stream, they don't make the big bucks. The main stream are idiots, FYI. And with the industry like it is, companies that do hardcore don't last long anymore.

So they americanize to survive. It sucks, but what can you do? There are a few hardcore companies left, like Tecmo and Natsume, who make the games the gamers want, not the games that will sell the most, although Tecmo has been getting worse lately...