Forum »
The new gba looks like crap

ioev

Starman DX
Boycott the new gba!!

Prax

Starman Jr.
Anyone unhappy with the GBAsp is welcome to stick with the original GBA. Nintendo is merely trying to lure in a new audience of gamers with it's latest (and first) system that doesn't look like Fisher-Price was involved in the design. I'm willing to bet this has a lot to do with Satoru Iwata and the retirement of Hiroshi Yamauchi. Yamauchi made toys. Iwata is a modern, astute business man who wants to make entertaining gadgets.
Casual Hex - casualhex.com | "People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." -Alan Kay

sevex

Starman DX
Actually, anyone unhappy with it is just gonna whine and complain, and then buy one anyway.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

ioev

Starman DX
no way! i refuse!
i mean, the gb pocket was cool, because it was smaller, and nicer looking, and then the gbc was awesome, for obvious reasons. This new one, just seems like a cash in. Remodel it, stick a light in, and include a battery pack. Cha ching.

sevex

Starman DX
But people have been begging for a lighting solution. They're willing to pay 80 bucks to some other company and install it themselves at the risk of ruining their gba. Why shouldn't Nintendo save them the trouble? The cool new design, and built-in battery pack are just bonuses.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel