Forum »
Favourite things of 2016!

sevex

Starman DX
Pretty sure I forgot to do one of these in 2015, but 2016 is different! This time I'm gonna make a list of the things I liked best in 2016. These are not necessarily all products of 2016, but things I enjoyed during that year. I'll probably be adding to the list as I think of things.

Favorite Food:
Poutine Pizza Pops
It's so sad that these are limited edition, cause they are amazing. Slimy brown fake gravy, little bits of potato, and maybe some cheese? Just can't seem to stop buying them.

Favorite 3DS Game:
Steamworld Heist
There were a lot of high profile games released for 3DS this year, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, Fire Emblem: Fates, Pokémon Sun & Moon. Steamworld Heist is more fun than any of them however.

Runner Up: BoxBoxBoy!
Can't believe I almost forgot all about BoxBoxBoy!

Favorite Purchase:
New 3DS (The Small One)
I'm so glad Nintendo decided to release these in North America (for a reasonable price without a pack-in game.) I was a little nervous doing the permanent switch from my trusty Animal Crossing 3DS XL, but after getting it done I would never wanna go back.

Runner Up: iPhone SE
Finally gave up and got a cell phone. It's pretty nice to have a way to take pictures of stuff when I want to, and I'm also able to do a better job of keeping in touch with people. So far it hasn't taken over my life, so that's pretty good.

Favourite PC Game:
DOOM
This game is pretty close to perfection. They managed to capture the crazy action of the original Doom games, and then added some enhancements that give it a modern feel.

Runner Up: Overwatch
I just started playing this recently, and like it quite a bit. Maybe it'll be my top PC game of 2017?

Favourite Movie:
Hardcore Henry
I've always had a soft spot for action packed revenge movies, but when it's first person, semi-foreign, and this creative turns out I'll watch it three times in a year.

Top 5 Best Albums:
This is gonna have to be a list within a list, since I can never pick just one favourite album in a year.

5. Pete Yorn - ArrangingTime
4. Hail The Sun - Culture Scars
3. Dance Gavin Dance - Mothership
2. Speak - Pedals
1. Paul Travis - Braille

Best Game Soundtrack:
Undertale
I've been listening to the Undertale OST so much this year. Such fantastic music from an amazing game.

Favorite Clothing Discovery:
Levi's 511
For a while I thought 511s were no good any more, but I randomly found some for sale at Mark's and tried em on. Turns out they're actually pretty good! (Expensive though.) I managed to get some on sale for Black Friday and have now replaced my worn out old jeans with some new ones I actually like!

Favorite Beverage:
Upstreet White Noize
A friend from work recommended this stuff. It took me a while to finally try it, but once I did I was hooked. It's a 7% ABV white IPA, so it's potent and very hoppy, with a bit of citrus. The perfect Friday night drink after a long week at work.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel