Forum »
Humble Indie Bundle V

sevex

Starman DX
There's a new Humble Indie Bundle out today that includes: Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Psychonauts, LIMBO, Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP and, if you pay above the average, Bastion. Also included are the soundtracks for all five games, in FLAC or MP3.

As usual you can pay whatever you want, but don't be too stingy as some of it goes to charity!

I've already finished LIMBO and Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP, but this'll give me a reason to play Psychonauts, and I can finally give everyone the final word on whether Bastion is actually over-rated or not. (Plus I've always wanted to see what Amnesia: The Dark Descent is all about.)

[ Humble Indie Bundle ]
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

sevex

Starman DX
I'm two hours in on Bastion and I realize my impressions from the demo were totally off. Everything about it is top quality, and it's very hard to stop playing once you get going. From what I've experienced so far, the game is highly rated for good reason.

(I was originally turned off by the pre-rendered sprites and the strange angles of the paths, but after playing a while the sprites seem alright and with an analog controller I don't notice any problems with the map angles.)
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

sevex

Starman DX
Finished Bastion tonight and now I officially highly recommend it. I can't believe I almost missed out on playing such a great game.

It's only about 6 hours long so do yourself a favor and give it a shot if you haven't already.

Now onto Amnesia: The Dark Descent!

sevex

Starman DX
They updated the bundle to include Lone Survivor, Braid, and Super Meat Boy! I already have the last two, but I've been wanting to play Lone Survivor.