Forum »
PS Vita Five Minute Impressions

sevex

Starman DX
The Vita isn't off to a great start in Japan. I really want it to succeed so I have something to play while waiting for a 3DS redesign.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

ioev

Starman DX
Could it be that gamers don't want to play full console style games on their portables, and really just want something simple, cheap, and fun?

Bring back the Gameboy!

sevex

Starman DX
I think the Vita would be a great platform for simple, indie style games. It just needs to be cheaper!

Also needs a new Valkyria Chronicles game with the Japanese voices.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

ryan

Starman Jr.
I've owned one for 2 weeks now. It's a waste of money!
"Why is the rum gone?!".

sevex

Starman DX
At least in June you'll have Gravity Rush. That could be a decent game.

ryan

Starman Jr.
I'm pretty much restricted to download only games over here. At least until I go to Japan I might buy some, but can you play Japanese vita games on an american vita?

I wish you could remote play the vita games you download without having to pay for the overpriced memory cards.
"Why is the rum gone?!".

sevex

Starman DX
I'm pretty sure Gravity Rush will be a downloadable title. And yeah, Vita is sposed to be unlocked so imports will work.

sevex

Starman DX
New Vita game. Soul Sacrifice... Full reveal in two days.

subpop

Starman Super
While Soul Sacrifice has nothing to do with the Demon's Souls or Dark Souls universe (pretty sure)... it does have quite the team behind it. Teruyuki Toriyama seems to have worked on Demon's Souls in the past

"The former CAPCOM game creator and Mega Man designer Keiji Inafune is helming the project at his studio comcept. Sony Computer Entertainment Japan will produce the title developed by Marvelous AQL. Kentarou Motomura is serving as producer, while Teruyuki Toriyama will act as his assistant producer. Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Xenoblade Chronicles) and Wataru Hokoyama (Afrika) are in charge of the game's music."
You! Invaders! Get You the Hot Bullets of Shotgun to Die!

sevex

Starman DX
Vita is getting a "Killer App".