Forum »
TGS 2010 Stuff

sevex

Starman DX
Here's a thread for things that show up at this year's Tokyo Game Show.

Shadows of the Damned may have some standard looking gameplay, but when you put Suda51, the creator of Resident Evil, and the composer for Silent Hill together, you've GOTTA end up with something awesome.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

milocat51

Starman Super
I like the trailer for the new Devil May Cry, or simply "DmC'. Some fanboys seem enraged, but I haven't given a damn about the series since the second one, so the new direction looks promising.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Azeoth

Starman Super
That isn't Dante, should have called him Krauser
Raptor Fun Fact #73 - The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which are made of evil

ioev

Starman DX
Every game looks the same. (Still looks cool).

sevex

Starman DX
Capcom does have a lot of similar looking games coming.

They went with a European studio for the new DmC, which is strange after saying Western studios weren't producing proper games for them. (And then they buy the Dead Rising 2 devs and create Capcom Vancouver.)

Asura's Wrath does look pretty awesome though. I'm just wondering if that "Powered by Unreal 3" garbage in the trailer is a licensing requirement.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

sevex

Starman DX
Oh wow, Radiant Silvergun is coming to Xbox 360. I hope they bring it to PSN as well.

sevex

Starman DX
Looks like Valkyria Chronicles 3 is on PSP. Too bad that probably means no Japanese voices again. (I'm willing to bet at least 75% of the people that actually bought Valkyria Chronicles on PS3 played with the Japanese voices on.)

sevex

Starman DX
New game announced by the Demon's Souls team. Seems to be related to Demon's Souls, but is something new. Exciting.

Looks like there's a website already. I have no idea what it contains though as I'm waiting for it to load.

ELYK11

Starman Jr.
VC 3 on PSP... Sega better fortify themselves against fans now.
But hey, I can get 2 and 3 now...and I prefer playing games in my native tounge. I might turn on Japanese for kicks sometimes if a game allows it.
And who is to say the original Japanese language for something really IS superior? For all we know, the Japanese think its subpar/ horrible. Its a big case of "sounds cooler cause its foreign".

ioev

Starman DX
Well, I think I'd have to say the Japanese voices are superior, because they are what was chosen to be put in the game by the creators, and not the ones localizing it.

And Steve, sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands. Get a PSP, hack it, import the Japanese version and download the undub.