Forum »
DUKE NUKEM COMETH

Foxor

Starman Jr.
i think it was destructiod that i read that the 2 weapon restriction is only on consoles, not PC, and that gearbox tried 5 different controller layouts and none of them seemed natural enough to implement into the game.
New Zelda, New GoldenEye, New Kirby, New Metroid, New Kid Icarus, New 3D shit, no glasses, Santa Claus is real, he's in our booth, and he's giving out free fucking handjobs. Nintendo bitches! We out. - Reggie Fils-Aime, E3 2010.

subpop

Starman Super
If that's true, FUCK YEAR! Always bet on Douk.

Edit: Also, I didn't really notice until now that all of my posts in this thread have references from 4chan.

Sad life. :(
You! Invaders! Get You the Hot Bullets of Shotgun to Die!

milocat51

Starman Super
Well, since the version being played and shown at PAX is the PC version (hooked up with 360 controllers), it's safe to say there probably won't be any appreciable differences between the versions, besides the obvious improvements PC horsepower gives.

And this isn't a Borderlands mod, Moik. Not sure where you're making that comparison, really. There's no RPG progression here and the weapons are standard FPS fare, not loot. Gearbox is just finishing what 3drealms started, not rebuilding it.

Oh finally, yes it is the same voice actor for Duke. He almost got in trouble at Comic-con (I think) for spilling the beans.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Moik

Starman Super
It's being made by the Borderlands guys and seems to contain mechanics more similar to that game than the original Duke. It is therefore a mod in the explicit and exact standardized dictionary sense, and I say this without any degree of guile or irreverence as this is the internet, the seriousest of businesses.
Hyper-advanced aliens might not have to send their interstellar battle fleet to conquer Earth, it might only take three bored undergraduate aliens with borrowed lab equipment.

milocat51

Starman Super
Not tryin to call ya out Moik, but I still don't see the comparison. Might help if you named these mechanics it seems to contain. Gearbox has only been working on this game less than a year, that's not enough time to rebuild it from the ground up.

Not that I'd really be opposed to a new Borderlands, I put well over a hundred hours into that game. But I watched the live stream footage of Duke gameplay and it just looks like a standard, modern FPS.

In slightly related news, Gearbox just announced the level cap in Borderlands is going from 61 to 69, for free. Gives me a reason to play the next DLC at least.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

Moik

Starman Super
I already said what mechanics:

>regenerative health
>two weapons at a time

That's all there is to Borderlands.
Hyper-advanced aliens might not have to send their interstellar battle fleet to conquer Earth, it might only take three bored undergraduate aliens with borrowed lab equipment.

subpop

Starman Super
Moik, you don't have any of the upgrades in Borderlands? There's upgrades to allow 4 weapons to be held.

Moik

Starman Super
Yeah. Currently weilding a Shotty, Combat Rifle, Rocket Launcher, and SMG. Level 24, 21 backpack slots. You should see the crazy Class Mod I have. +6 Team Ammo Regen, +24% Team Mag Size (then three misc skill boosts).

Also, I found a shotgun which shoot rockets, and the rockets are corrosive.

I encountered a Rakk named Rakkinishu and I think it's what dropped a "Cracked Sash" shield I have. Neat easter eggs, but now I wonder if there's something special about that site since Rakanishu was who guarded the Cairn Stones in D2.

subpop

Starman Super
Moik, we have to play together sometime. I just started yesterday, and I'm almost level 22 now. Also, I think I have the exact same shotgun (same in the sense that it says it shoots rockets), only I can't use it til I hit 22... I've been holding onto it for the last 3 levels! I can't wait to try it!

Foxor

Starman Jr.
hipster casuals, this isn't Boarderlands general
New Zelda, New GoldenEye, New Kirby, New Metroid, New Kid Icarus, New 3D shit, no glasses, Santa Claus is real, he's in our booth, and he's giving out free fucking handjobs. Nintendo bitches! We out. - Reggie Fils-Aime, E3 2010.