Forum »
Indie Gaming

Gatsu

Starman Super
It was a free homebrew game. It was never released as a UMD. [ Here ]
-_o

Azeoth

Starman Super
It says on his site this game was heavily inspired by Cave Story and that he wanted to make a game like it but more fast paced and linear.

As well he has already stated he never expects to receive money beyond the standard donation button most indie developers will use.

And well even the music is done in pxtone...so yeah
Raptor Fun Fact #73 - The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which are made of evil

ioev

Starman DX
Where on the site does he admit that it was "heavily inspired" by Cave Story? In the about he sort of acknowledges that Cave Story is a game in the same genre, but really should mention the style/music/story/gameplay/dialogue/his comepany name... inspiration a bit more and give some credit to pixel. He should also say the music is done in PXTone if it is, instead of just saying fruityloops with a plug-in.

Not to say the game doesn't look "neat-o" or anything, but it really does seem to me that he's trying to ignore the fact that Cave Story exists, or at least just push it to the side.

Azeoth

Starman Super
An Interview states he is inspired by cave story in a few places, (linked a few times from his site)

This incredibly poorly put together rant. (from all the criticisim he has been recieving)

And as for the pxtone part here

And while were at it, This shows off just how much is taken from Cave Story
Raptor Fun Fact #73 - The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which are made of evil

ioev

Starman DX
Actually I take back my stance. This looks nothing like Cave Story.

(Too bad the images in the article about games he made before this one don't work. I'd like to see how this all evolved.)

Azeoth

Starman Super
Enjoy your old school games. Enjoy them all in one game. Enjoy them for 3 seconds and watch them change while you still try to beat the level.

sevex

Starman DX
That game is too awesome, but also very hard. Did you finish it?
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

Azeoth

Starman Super
got to lvl 17 out of 20 so far

milocat51

Starman Super
Beat it, first play. It's extremely dependent on what combinations you get. If you play smart and just hide out when you're stuck with a no win, it's kind of easy.

The ending is definitely the best part.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

sevex

Starman DX
Yeah everyone was talking about the great ending. I'll have to try it again tonight so I can see it.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel